Charlie's interest in racing first started when he got a job working at a high-street bookmakers in the year before he went to university. Four years later, having finished his degree in History, a career in horse-racing journalism provided the perfect blend for his interests in both writing and sport.
New customers from UK and Ireland only. Valid debit/credit card or Paypal. Bets only eligible for the 15:00 race. Min deposit €/£10. Max stake €/£1. Race Winner singles only. Winnings paid in Free Bets. Offer expires 07/12/19 at 15:00 GMT. 18+ begambleaware.org Full Terms Apply
The highly exciting Defi Du Seuil is a warm order to land the Tingle Creek at Sandown this Saturday, and there’s every reason for that.
The Triumph hurdle winner in 2017 has taken his form to a new level over fences. He landed the JLT at the Cheltenham Festival in March before only finding Chaucun Pour Soi too good at Punchestown.
He confirmed that promise in no uncertain terms on his first run in open company on his reappearance. Philip Hobbs’ charge showed an impressive turn of foot to put the Shloer Chase to bed in a matter of strides, easily accounting for Politologue.
He’s one of the most promising chasers in training and will confirm his emergence as a leading Champion Chase contender with victory. To heighten his appeal even more, Betway are offering new customers 66/1 on him!
How can I claim the 66/1 Offer?
Customers who do not previously have an account with betway can register here. Once you’ve deposited cash into your account, place a bet on Defi Du Seuil at the regular odds displayed on site.
Betway will aim to credit your winnings to 66/1 within an hour of the bet settling, but it may take up to 24 hours.
Stakes must be at least £/€1 with no maximum stake. Only £/€1 worth of the stake will be enhanced to 66/1 if Defi Du Seuil does win.
Will he Win?
We’re certainly keen on his chances. He was unbeaten in his first seven starts for Philip Hobbs as a juvenile hurdler, culminating in Grade One success at both Cheltenham and Aintree.
The following season was a little tougher but he benefitted from a switch to chasing last winter. He accounted for subsequent RSA winner Topofthegame on his second chase start before going toe-to-toe with Gold Cup hopeful Lostintranslation on three separate occasions.
Second in the Dipper on New Year’s Day, he made amends for that defeat with two victories at the highest level. He landed the Scilly Isles at this venue before doubling up in the JLT. The gelding lost nothing in defeat when chasing home Chacun Pour Soi dropped back to two-miles in May at the end of a hard campaign.
Defi returned to action in inspired form, justifying favouritism in the Shloer Chase at Cheltenham, accounting for the re-opposing Politologue.
That rival landed the race in 2017 but only managed to score once last term. He was put in his place by the six-year-old on their respective returns. There’s little reason to believe he’ll be capable of reversing the form on Saturday.
There are few more admirable horses than Un De Sceaux, the 2016 winner who only found Altior too good in the 2018 edition. He readily accounted for Min in the Punchestown Champion Chase in May. That’s top class form, but now rising twelve, he should need the run today and all of his best form comes on a slower surface.
Sceau Royal invariably runs his race but he’s now been beaten in all four starts in open company Grade Ones, including when last of four in 2018. Owners’ mate Janika overcame Dolos in a Grade Two handicap on his return. He’s an improving horse but would need more rain to threaten over the minimum trip.
Waiting Patiently is another contender likely to be inconvenienced by this shorter trip, dropped back to two-miles for the first time since 2016. Ornua is a talented individual on his day, but that comes too rarely to have confidence in him.
Terms & Conditions
1. This offer is only valid to New Customers who reside in UK and Ireland and must register a Real Account at Betway Sports via https://betway.com/racing-enhanced-odds/
2. By registering for this 66/1 Defi Du Seuil to Win special you will automatically become ineligible for any standard Welcome Offer.
3. This offer is valid on accounts registered up until 15:00 GMT on Saturday 7th December.
4. To qualify for this offer a customer must:
a) make a minimum deposit of €/£10 (or the customer’s currency equivalent) using a valid debit/credit card or PayPal at Betway.
b) place a single, pre-race bet of at least €/£1 on Defi Du Seuil to win the Tingle Creek on Saturday 7th December.
5. Enhanced odds will only be applied to €/£1 of the original stake.
6. Only Real Money bets count as qualifying bets, bets made with Free Bets or Bonus credits are excluded from this offer.
7. If multiple bets have been placed on this event, only the highest bet will count towards the promotion.
8. Bets placed on other Enhanced Specials on Betway will not be eligible.
9. The maximum total amount is €/£67 Note: If Defi Du Seuil does win, you will be paid based on the normal price once the bet has been settled. The extra amount, bringing the bet up to a 66/1 (67.00) cumulative pay-out, will be paid in the form of a Free Bet and will be added to your account within 24 hours of the race finishing.
10. Existing Betway customers and customers who register a duplicate Sports account are not eligible to receive this offer (this includes customers who return having previously closed a Betway Sports/.com Account).
11. If any selection is classified as a push or void result this Enhanced Tingle Creek Special will be void and no Free Bets will be provided. All standard stipulations regarding Void & Push results can be found on the Betting Help page on sports.betway.com.
12. Promo ID – 187308
Free Bet General Terms & Conditions
1. The Free Bet cannot be used to place multi-line multiple bets (e.g. Trixie’s, Patents, Yankees, etc.).
2. Should the Free Bet be placed on a selection that is later voided, the stakes will be returned to your account as a Free Bet.
3. The Free Bet is non-refundable and the Free Bet stake is not included in any returns.
4. Placement of a Free Bet on an each-way market is considered one bet (including the win and place portion). The return from this bet must be greater than the total value of the Free Bet placed for winnings to be paid out.
5. A redeemed Free Bet will not count towards qualification to view streamed events.
6. The following terms apply to all Betway promotional Free Bets (excluding the Free Bet Welcome Offer). Should you require assistance with any of these conditions, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Support.
7. The general terms & conditions shall apply to all interactions with Betway and must be read with all relevant promotional terms and conditions.
8. Unless specifically stated otherwise, all deposits have a playthrough of at least once (1), before a Free Bet specifically related to the deposit will be activated.
9. Betway Sports Promotions department will be the sole judge in respect of honouring any and all promotional offers. Betway Sports reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend any offer and its terms at any time, including the cancellation of the promotion without any prior notice. Any customer deviating from the promotional rules may be disqualified without notice.
10. Before any withdrawals are processed, your play will be reviewed for any irregular playing patterns. In the interests of fair gaming using a combination of bets which include both a Free Bet and cash on the same event to place equal, zero or low margin or hedge bets, shall all be considered irregular gaming for bonus playthrough requirement purposes. Should Betway Sports deem that irregular game play has occurred, it reserves the right to withhold any withdrawals and/or confiscate all winnings.