Aintree Racecourse is situated in Merseyside, England and is famous for the most iconic National Hunt horse race in the world, the Aintree Grand National. The highlight of the three day Aintree Festival in April, Grand National Day sees Aintree packed with racegoers. Our Aintree tips will include the big races such as the Aintree Hurdle, Liverpool Hurdle, Bowl Chase and Melling Chase. Our tips will also cover the Fox Hunters Chase and Topham Chase.
Aintree Betting Tips
The Grand National course is left-handed and triangular in shape. The Canal Turn is the apex and is the point that is furthest away from the stands. The Mildmay Course is inside the Grand National course and is far easier to navigate. However, it is still a very tough sharp track with extremely difficult fences that are a real test. Our Aintree tips will look for the horses best suited to this track.
The track at Aintree is very flat in nature and horses that can’t cope with Cheltenham generally find Aintree to be preferable. It also suits a strong travelling sort as it has a very long run in coming for home.
The National course has a total of 16 fences and, when searching for Aintree Grand National tips, course form can be vital. A total of 30 obstacles have to be jumped in this war of attrition. Unsurprisingly, many runners are quite often pulled up due to the extremes that they have to endure.
Aintree Betting Trends
Over the past three seasons over fences, the top trainer at the Aintree races is Paul Nicholls with seven winners. Paddy Brennan is the top jockey in the same period, with five winners to his name over the larger obstacles.
Over hurdles, Nicky Henderson is by far the top trainer, with 13 winners, whilst Richard Johnson edges the stats on the jockeys’ table with six winners.
Aintree Grand National Festival Races
- Injured Jockeys Fund Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) (3m 110y)
- Betfred Bowl (Grade 1) (3m 1f)
- Anniversary 4-Y-O Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m 1f)
- Aintree Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m 4f)
- Red Rum Handicap Chase (Grade 3) (2m)
- Manifesto Novices’ Chase (Grade 1) (2m 4f)
- Top Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 2) (2m 110y)
- Topham Chase (Grade 3) (2m 5f 110y)
- Sefton Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1) (3m 110y)
- Mildmay Novices’ Chase (Grade 1) (3m 1f)
- Melling Chase (Grade 1) (2m 4f)
- Maghull Novices’ Chase (Grade 1) (2m)
- Grand National (Grade 3) (4m 2f 74y)
- Liverpool Hurdle (Grade 1) (3m 110y)
- Champion Standard Open NH Flat Race (Grade 2) (2m 1f)
- Mersey Novices’ Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m 4f)
Aintree Feature Races
- Old Roan Chase (Grade 2) (2m 4f)
- Grand Sefton Steeplechase (Handicap) (2m 5f 110y)
- Becher Chase (Grade 3) (3m 2f)