3 Trends Picks for the Cheltenham Showcase Meeting – Day 1

Champ landing the RSA at the 2020 Cheltenham Festival

In a strange year, the return of racing to Cheltenham will be a fillip to many.  With less than five months until the 2021 Festival, it’s time to embrace the return of jump racing and we kick things off with Day 1 of the Showcase Meeting.

The first four races are live on ITV Racing so check out the free bets page for the best offers to take full advantage of the return of Cheltenham. We have looked over the cards and found three of the most interesting trends for Friday’s racing


1.50 Cheltenham – Ask For Glory

Paul Nicholls has won this race three times with his last six runners. The step up in trip was a plus for this gelding last season and he should do better still this time around. The yard could hardly be in better form and he looks the one to get the day off to the perfect start for punters who are taking advantage of the 888 Sport offer.


3.35 Cheltenham – Movie Legend

Bryony Frost has a remarkable record over fences at Cheltenham. From twenty-one rides over the bigger obstacles at this track, she has ridden eight winners, a strike rate of 38%, which is remarkable. In those rides she has a level stakes profit of +£31.75. She also has a record of 3/10 when she is riding for Lucy Wadham so despite Movie Legend being out the weights, the stats suggest he has a strong each way chance.


5.15 Cheltenham – Magic Dancer

Kerry Lee has an 11% strike rate with her runners at Cheltenham and Richard Patrick has a 14% strike rate with his runners at the track. When they combine, however, they have a 25% strike rate as a team, a massive improvement for both. Magic Dancer has form of 11273 when running at this track, including when second in this race in 2018 from a three-pound higher mark.


Let's talk about Safer Gambling
1st - 7th November 2021
National Gambling HelpLine: Call FREE 0800 020 1009