A Saturday of ITV Racing from Cheltenham is always a popular viewing treat. Six of the ITV races make up the Scoop 6 this week with big prizes available for those who can pick all six winners. Of course, you then get a shot at a further big prize the next week with a bonus race just to try and keep those nerves under control for a week.
We’ve looked over the six races that make up the Scoop 6 this Saturday afternoon, with a couple of competitive looking handicaps which should thin the pool out nicely. There is also a hugely competitive Listed sprint from Lingfield on the All-Weather to get stuck into for a bit of added interest.
Tote Scoop 6 Races
1.40 Cheltenham – From The Horse’s Mouth Podcast Novices’ Chase (Grade 2) 1m 7f 199y
2.15 Cheltenham – Paddy Power Gold Cup Handicap Chase (Grade 3) 2m 4f 44y
2.50 Cheltenham – Paddy Power Games Handicap Hurdle (Listed) 2m 7f 208y
3.25 Cheltenham – Paddy Power First Millionaire Qualifier Intermediate Handicap Hurdle (3) 2m 5f
3.40 Lingfield – Betway Golden Rose Stakes (Listed) 6f 1y
3.55 Cheltenham – Karndean Designflooring Mares’ Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race (Listed) 2m 87y
Tote Scoop 6 Tips
- 1.40 – Fusil Raffles was a solid hurdler and has quickly made it 2/2 over fences. One of those came at this track which is always a plus given this is a tough place to jump round for a novice. The experience can stand him in good stead in this field.
- 2.15 – Aso doesn’t often run a bad race at Cheltenham, especially not at this time of year. The handicapper has given him a real chance, allowing him back on his last winning mark. That was back in January 2019 but he still looks capable of defying that.
- 2.50 – Mrs Milner has improved each time she had stepped up in trip, getting a further rise in distance to help her out now. She represents a canny Irish yard who won’t be bringing her over just for a change of scenery and they can be rewarded for the trip.
- 3.25 – Whatsupwithyou will enjoy any softening of the ground compared to what he dealt with here at the October meeting. That will make this much more of a stamina test at the trip which is perfect for him from, what he showed last time, is a workable mark.
- 3.40 – Lampang has a bit to find on the official figures here but he is still a very interesting runner. His yard don’t send many down to Lingfield and he ran better on his return to action than the bare form suggests. He was sent off the even money favourite on his only other run at this level. As such, it’s likely he’s capable of better than he’s shown so far.
- 3.55 – Elle Est Belle was an impressive winner on her debut at Aintree. She slammed a prior winner on her debut there with any amount in hand, travelling strongly before sauntering clear late on. She went in the notebook as a potentially smart one there and can prove that now.