Punchestown Racecourse is located in the parish of Eadestown in County Kildare, Ireland. This is the home of Irish jumps racing and hosts one of the biggest festivals in the UK and Ireland in April. The three big festivals are Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown.
Punchestown Betting Tips
The track at the Punchestown races is a right-handed and severely undulating course. The hurdles course is 1 mile 6 furlongs in distance with a total of eight flights per circuit. The chase course measures two miles in extent and that has eleven fences to negotiate per lap including two open ditches. The only cross country banks course in Ireland is also situated at Punchestown races. Sound jumpers, pace and stamina are all key attributes for a horse when considering our Punchestown tips due to the sharp bends and stiff fences.
Punchestown Betting Trends
Over fences, Willie Mullins is the top trainer at Punchestown over the past three seasons, with 25 winners from his last 98 runners. He has amassed an incredible €901,000 during this time. However, he shows a loss to level stakes, so backing every runner isn’t advisable. Enda Bolger farms the Cross Country Chase course and he is operating at a 25% strike rate with 13 winners from his past 52 runners.
Ruby Walsh is the top jockey over fences at the Punchestown races, with 19 winners from his past 54 rides, making a 35% return. Nina Carberry is by far the best jockey to follow over the Cross Country Chase course as she is operating at an incredible 45%: 9 wins from her last 20 rides.
Willie Mullins is extremely dominant over hurdles at Punchestown. He has saddled 44 winners in the last three seasons from 177 runners, netting nearly €1.5 million in the process. However, if £1 were placed on every runner, at SP that would yield a loss of -£25.47. Take note when Nicky Henderson sends a horse to Ireland; he has landed 4 winners from his last 15 which produced a level stakes profit of +£17.88.
Ruby Walsh also dominates the jockey stats over hurdles, with 32 winners from his past 97 rides. However, the most profitable jockey in the same time period is Robbie Power who has a level stakes profit of +£45 from his last 61 rides – an extremely profitable yield. Unsurprisingly, Patrick and Willie Mullins clean up in the bumpers.
Punchestown Feature Races
- Moscow Flyer Novice Hurdle (Grade 2) (2m)
- Tied Cottage Chase (Grade 2) (2m)
- Growise Champion Novice Chase (Grade 1) (3m 1f)
- Punchestown Champion Chase (Grade 1) (2m)
- Herald Champion Novice Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m)
- Punchestown Gold Cup (Grade 1) (3m 1f)
- Champion INH Flat Race (Grade 1) (2m)
- Irish Daily Mirror Novice Hurdle (Grade 1) (3m)
- World Series Hurdle (Grade 1) (3m)
- Ryanair Novice Chase (Grade 1) (2m)
- Punchestown Champion Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m)
- Tattersalls Ireland Champion Novice Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m 4f)
- Champion Four Year Old Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m)
- Mares Champion Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m 2f)
- Buck House Novice Chase (Grade 3) (2m 2f)
- Grabel Mares Hurdle (Grade 3) (2m 2f)
- Daily Star Chase (Grade 3) (2m 7f)
- Craddockstown Novice Chase (Grade 2) (2m)
- Morgiana Hurdle (Grade 1) (2m)
- Florida Pearl Novice Chase (Grade 2) (2m 6f)
- John Durkan Memorial Chase (Grade 1) (2m 4f)