As those who are readers of our greyhound syndicate updates will be aware, we have made a recent addition of a bitch pup by Irish St Leger winner Farley Turbo out of English Oaks winner Silverview Perky. She is an October 2015 whelp so will be expected to be hitting the track early in 2018.
The team at Kelva Kennels are an integral part in a charity meeting being held at Crayford on 12th May 2018, with money going to Great Ormond Street Hospital as well as Crayford homefinders for retired greyhounds. In 2013, they organised a similar event at Yarmouth, raising more than £10,000 for charity. May 2018 might be a long way off, but the planning and charity work has already begun. The night itself will see sponsored races, trap sponsors and some other activities that we are keeping under wraps for now, but myracing are helping the charity push with our new pup pictured below.
Before our new pup can hit the track and race, she needs to be given a racing name and that is where our followers come in. For a £5 donation to the charity on Jim Daly’s just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jim-daly you can suggest a racing name for the pup. This is a chance to have a greyhound racing on RPGTV and in the betting shops named by YOU! Winner will get a pair of tickets to Crayford on the 12th of May (or local track if Crayford is too far) with a chance to get your card marked by our greyhound tipster on what should be a phenomenal night.
Members of the syndicate are already off to a flying start with more than £300 already pledged as we aim to shatter the £10,000 that was raised for charity in 2013. Naturally there are rules that must be abided by which can be found under rules part 4. No name may exceed 16 characters, nothing rude or inflammatory.
Stage 1 Place a pledge of minimum £5 to the JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jim-daly (include your name/Twitter handle in the comments so that we can contact you if you win.)
Stage 2 A shortlist will be drawn of 3-4 names picked by the syndicate which will progress to the next stage.
Stage 3 A vote will be opened on Twitter for 7 days where the name with the highest votes will be given to the new greyhound.
- All submissions must be received by 30/11/2017 Any submissions not received by this time will not be eligible to progress to Stage 2 and no refund of charitable donation will be made.
- All donations must be made to the JustGiving page and form part of a pot from multiple fundraisers which will be split in July 2018 between Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity and the Crayford Homefinders Charity.
- Entry to this competition does not grant any entrant or the winner with any rights to ownership. The greyhound will be solely owned by the MyRacing Syndicate until such time the rights to ownership of the Greyhound are sold on.
- All submissions are to comply with the GBGB standard naming protocols which can be found at www.gbgb.org.uk. Any entrants found not to comply with these regulations will be denied progression in the competition. No refund will be granted. Any person who submits a denied entry and wishes to re-enter will have to start a new submission and pledge again at the JustGiving page highlighted in Stage 1. Names can also be checked on the results tab of the site to ensure than the name is unique and therefore available to be used.
- The winning submission will have his/her entry given as the declared name for the bitch pup only.
- All decisions surrounding the career of the Greyhound lie solely with the trainer Jim Daly. The winner has no rights to input or make decisions on the Greyhound other than the one opportunity to name our bitch pup.
Our greyhound tips are currently £898 in front for September at time of writing, they are available on the site every evening between 5-6pm.